Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Plans Out the Window

It's that time of year again.

School time.

There are a lot of gaps in my blog for a reason. It was this time last year that I was gearing up to teach my first year in the 3s class. Boy, that could fill an entire book. Probably, I hope, at some point it will. Sure, I wish I had blogged more about it, kept notes and whatnot. Seriously though, like most traumatic experiences there needs to be a time of healing, a period to let my brain rest and recover. Examination and reflection can come later.

Let's just say I learned a great deal and I hope this year will be easier.

So far, it's going better. We have a huge list of things to do, but not nearly as much as last year. Knowing what to expect and how to plan has put my mind at ease. I feel a lot more in control heading into this year, which helps more than I can say. I hate not knowing what to expect, it puts me in a tizzy.

One setback we've had was that we were asked to paint the room this year. It's a mixed blessing. It will look fantastic and I'm glad it's getting done. In order to accomplish this a lot of things had to be set back. The book has been shifted to the back burner once again. It's frustrating to say the least. Shouldn't I be diligent enough to come straight home and work until all hours on the book? I feel like I should. That's what a good writer would do, isn't it? I have not achieved self-discipline yet. It's my personal project. I don't know if I will ever achieve it, but aren't we all an ongoing project of self-discovery and change?

It seems like there should be more to say, but honestly I'm just knackered. Maybe I will remember to write again tomorrow. If not, see you again in another three months or so!

No comments: