Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rusty

I only took a few days off from writing, three to be exact, and I can already tell I'm getting rusty. Yesterday was a struggle, but I got 2 pages of chapter twenty done. Today has been even more of a struggle because I read over yesterday's pages and realized how much telling there is. I keep trying to remind myself that's perfectly all right. No big deal. But, seeing as how I want to be great all the time, it's really hard to convince my stupid brain that that's why there are such things as re-writes and editing.  I didn't realize how hard it would be to let go and keep plowing forward, but as the end draws near, I keep looking forward to draft two and it's messing me up.

Focus. Focus. Focus.

Moby is on. Perhaps he will prove inspiring....

No comments: