Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Busy Bee

It's been a busy week of not writing for me. I've officially started on Draft 2 even though I never actually, officially finished Draft 1. I know, I know, but there were just too many changes to have to go back and make if I didn't start from the beginning. Maybe we'll call this Draft 1.5, I don't know. Either way, the story is figured out. I know what's going on. I know the motivations. It's great. Now I just have to get it done.

I saw Mamma Mia! over the weekend with a gal pal, then we went back to her house and made s'mores with nutella and marshmallow fluff. It was great to have girly fun. We were both Mamma Mia! virgins, and now I can't get the soundtrack out of my head. I've lost count of how many times I've listened to "Dancing Queen" and "Gimmie! Gimmie! Gimmie!" since Sunday. Good grief.   The movie was great but I didn't like that they were dancing around on the edge of a mountain through half of it. My fear of falling from high places got to me. I kept feeling like any minute Meryl Streep was going to go careening off the side of the mountain onto the rugged rocks below. Ah, me and my neuroses. Needless to say, Mamma Mia! is one reason I haven't gotten much writing done. It somehow just does not inspire vicious werewolf fights. Don't ask me why...

Another reason for not much writing this week has been a combination of cleaning the house and official money-making business. I babysat for two of the most adorable two-year olds on the planet Monday and Tuesday, then had meetings at school yesterday and today. So, all of my mornings this week have been consumed with that. I'm also a little intimidated by taking on a lead position at school this year. I think it will be fun, but today I got a glimpse of just how much work I have ahead of me. I hope I can be organized enough, and I know I'll have a super assistant to help me out. I can do it. I will be great. I must keep reminding myself of this.

Family is coming to visit today. I get to see my precious nephew who will be starting Kindergarten this year. I want to cry every time I think about it. I don't want him to grow up. I want him to stay small and cute forever. C'est la vie!

No comments: