Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Following the Muse

Okay, so it's been awhile since I've blogged. I've been busy. Sort of.

Actually my life has been pretty boring lately. For real. Who wants to read boring stuff? Not me. And I definitely don't like to write it. Seriously, I'm surprised you're still reading this. Keep going though, it'll get better. Good news awaits in the next sentence...

I wrote a new scene on the actual book today!

That's blog worthy. Fo shizzle.

It wasn't backstory. It wasn't anything from another character's perspective. It was actual book progress. Of course, I deleted about 15 pages and only wrote one new one. I have some catching up to do. So what? The book is better for the cutting, trust me. And I also figured out why it was important to write all that backstory. It was useful. I didn't waste my time on it after all.

It's always kind of interesting to me to find out how things manage to work themselves through the mush of my brain. Everything has a natural progression. It's only in hindsight that I manage to figure out what that progression was. That's why I've stopped questioning it and just go where my Muse takes me sometimes. It's always an interesting journey, regardless of where it ends up. And my writing usually comes out the better for it.

I suppose I could tease you and give you some of what I cut out, but I don't know if I might use any of it later. Besides, it wouldn't make sense because it comes from the middle of the book, and it might give something important away. No, you naughty monkeys, you just have to wait...

2 comments:

hizzle said...

i cant imagine that it is ever pointless to write. Even if you take away most of what you've written, like you said, it helps you progress to a point in the story where you need to be. And if you had not written all the 'fluff' you probably would not have come to where you end up.
What are you writing? Or is that a secret? Can you give at least a genre?

Anonymous said...

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on
this blog loading? I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.


my web-site garcinia plus capsules