Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Babies and Snow and Olympics, Oh MY!!!

First of all, I would like to welcome the newest edition to the family: My nephew, Aiden Charles was born Feb 12th! 8lbs 7oz and 21in long. Everyone is doing well, and I got to have a chat with my big brother and see my precious nephew on the webcam. Thank goodness for technology!  He is adorable and I'm such a proud Auntie!

Right about the time my brother called to tell me Aiden had arrived, I looked out the window and it was SNOWING! Yes, snow in North Georgia. A miracle in and of itself. Not only that, but we ended up with about 5 inches. I haven't gotten out the ruler, but it's definitely more than the dusting the weatherman predicted...




Java insisted that with all this snow, he needed something to keep him warm: 





The hubby, doggie, and I snuggled up on the couch to watch the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver. It was quite a spectacle. The tech nerd hubby was most impressed with the quality of projectors that made all kinds of images dance across the floor. Everything went so smoothly and was timed so perfectly, until... the torch lighting Fail. I would not want to be the engineer responsible for THAT malfunction.

All in all, it was quite an exciting and eventful February 12th, 2010. Now, I'm going to go watch some of the games, and see if I can't actually get something written today....

No comments: